Monday, April 04, 2011

A New Realization

We have been so busy helping our youngest and her husband add on a new patio, painting their back porch,  landscaping, plus potty training, etc., that I missed the anniversary of my mom's death.  It was last week, one of the last days of March.  And I wouldn't have thought  of it, except today is my parents' anniversary.  And I want to remember them on what was their special day.  The number that I am coming up with is 64 years.  Of course, Daddy died long before Mother did, so it was 48 years of marriage when he died, if I remember correctly. It made me stop and think that the number is not what is important but what is accomplished in the time that you have.

Now that we are back at home, the usual "jet lag," although we drove, has hit me.  There is always so much to do with putting things away, doing laundry, and going through mail.  Patience.  Slow down and breath.  It will all get done.

It's crazy that we had 98 register on BC's car yesterday in west Texas, woke up to low 40's, and never got up much higher than 50's with high winds on our way home.

It was the best trip we've ever had to visit our youngest and her husband.  There was lots of hard work, but we feel as if we made a difference.  And we have already been invited to babysit our little girls for two nights next Spring Break!!!  What a wonderful blessing that is!  To me it is a compliment to be trusted with two such active little souls.

Tomorrow is cleaning day.  Julissa will be here bright and early.  We will both have lots to do!

Blessings,
Sandy

No comments: